In addition to your Pre-flight Checklist, use this Self Assessment Checklist to ensure you have a safe flight. If in doubt, don't fly!
- Do I have an illness or any symptoms of an illness or disorder?
Medication and other drugs
- Have I been taking or mixing prescription, over the counter or recreational drugs?
- Am I under any psychological pressure from my job or personal circumstances?
- Am I worried about financial matters, health problems or family matters?
- Have I been consuming alcohol within the last 8 hours?
- Is my blood alcohol level less than 0.02?
- Would my average alcohol consumption be greater than 'very low risk'?
- Am I tired or inadequately rested?
Eating and Drinking
- Am I adequately nourished and hydrated?